Tuesday 29 July 2014

Dancer's Life

Dancing day in day out...

Being a dancer i feel its very important to be in that moment and enjoy the moment. By being in the moment I mean that while you are dancing you should only dance and not think about anything else. Which is why my blog has been on hold for about a month now, i have just been dancing like a maniac from 10 in the morning to 6 in the evening and then coming back home half dead. Hence, I haven't been able to update you guys.

Now that i'm back and we are talking about a dancer, let’s really talk about what it is like to live a dancer's life. Being a professional/passionate dancer isnt easy my friend.. each day i discover a new pain or a new bruise on my body.. looking at which i in a way feel really proud of myself as my instructors always tell us, "No Pain, No Gain" which is why i go back to the same studio, each day, to get more of those proud bruises.

Interestingly (some of you might think weirdly), I feel really good when my body is sore and i'm hardly able to move an inch yet i go to the studio to dance that pain out. Dance is blissful and the feeling of being a dancer is inexplicable. And since, my dance routine doesn’t leave me with anytime to shop or dress up (something that I really love doing and can do almost every day), I have come out with this way of flaunting my new clothes at my dance rehearsals.

Of course, you can’t wear a LBD and do hip-hop in it, which I am mindful of. But yes, I do wear interesting combinations to my dance classes or rehearsals which makes me feel good and makes me experiment with my looks everytime because like I keep saying - Dance and Fashion always go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment